Sr. Managing Partner
Serge Tomassian is the Firm's Sr. Managing Partner with over 30 years of experience. He has successfully taken to trial many complex business, real estate, and construction litigation matters. For six consecutive years (2009-2015), OC Metro Magazine has named Mr. Tomassian as one of Orange County's Top Real Estate and Construction Lawyers, recognizing his achievements as an experienced litigator and trial lawyer. He has received the highest rating of "AV" given to Lawyers by the Martindale-Hubble Lawyer Directory, as well as the perfect rating of "10" by AVVO. He has been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in Southern California (Thomson Reuters) for the past five years (2010-2015) and was named in Best Lawyers in Southern California. Mr. Tomassian is a member of the State Bar of California and Orange County Bar Association serving for six years on the Board of Directors. He served as Chairman of the OCBA Construction Law, Legislative and Mentoring Committees. Mr. Tomassian previously served as a Judge Pro tem and Arbitrator for the Orange County Superior Court. Currently he serves as an Arbitrator and Mediator with the American Arbitration Association. He also serves on the UOP/McGeorge Law School National Alumni Board of Directors and on the Board of Directors for the World Affairs Councils of America based in Washington D.C.
Mr. Tomassian's legal career began in the Los Angeles office of the International Law Firm of O'Melveny & Myers. Since 1993, Mr. Tomassian has been a partner of Tomassian, Throckmorton & Inouye LLP. He has served as an expert construction and real estate analyst on news programs and has been featured and interviewed by multi-media outlets and publications. Mr. Tomassian is also a lecturer at legal seminars for lawyers. As a Plaintiff's lawyer, he has successfully obtained many trial verdicts and settlements in excess of $100 million dollars for construction claims and defects, business and real estate fraud, real estate disputes and landslide cases. He has also successfully litigated and defended against multi-million dollar claims in real estate, construction, entertainment, employment, and business matters.
Mr. Tomassian enjoys traveling, world affairs, lecturing on human rights and trains in Tae Kwon Do (2nd degree black belt).
- Institute of International and Comparative Law, Paris, France, Certificate of Law
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, J.D. (Moot Court Honors Board)
- University of Southern California, B.A. (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Chair, Legislative Committee
- Chair, Construction Law Section
- Member, OCBA Board of Directors
- Member, Business, Litigation and International Law section
- Member, Judiciary Committee section
- State Bar of California
- State of California and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Central District of California
Community and Recognitions
- Chairman, 2001-2003, 2011-2012 and Trustee since 1993 for World Affairs Council of Orange County
- Orange County Armenian Professional Society
- Recipient of the Golden Orange Award-2013-World Affairs Council of Orange County
- OCAPS Award for Service to Community for Armenian Genocide Recognition
- American Arbitration Association- serve as Mediator and Arbitrator
- California Legislature Resolutions for Public Service Recognition
- MVP for Local Bar Association
Telephone 949-955-2280 | Email: email@example.com
To speak with Mr. Tomassian, contact him at the Irvine, California offices of Tomassian, Throckmorton & Inouye LLP at 949-955-2280 or contact him online.