About Our Firm and Our Mission
It is our mission to focus our strength, time, attention, and effort on providing our clients with superior service with highly motivated and professional legal counsel where leadership and integrity are the key elements in building a successful relationship with our clients. We work with a wide spectrum of business and individuals on matters of both domestic and international nature.
Tomassian, Throckmorton & Inouye LLP is the successor to Throckmorton, Beckstrom & Tomassian LLP, which was formed in 1993. The firm continues to practice in its specialty fields of construction (claims and defects), real estate, business, corporate, employment, entertainment, insurance, commercial, general civil litigation, and appellate work. The firm handles all aspects of civil litigation including mediation, arbitrations, trials and appeals. The firm also provides professional services in corporate and entertainment law as well as general business transactions. The firm is committed to the highest quality legal representation and advocacy, executed with commensurate professional and ethical standards. The firm has extensive experience in reaching successful outcomes in civil litigation and trials and has been given the highest rating of A.V. under the Martindale-Hubell Law Directory.
Commitment to Excellence - AV Rated
Tomassian, Throckmorton & Inouye LLP has received Martindale-Hubbell's AV® Peer Review Rating. The AV rating identifies a lawyer and firm with preeminent legal ability and is the highest reflection of expertise, experience, integrity, and overall professional excellence.
Residential and Commercial Construction Claims and Defects
One of the areas of focus is on residential and commercial construction claims and defects. Construction projects are fraught with potential claims caused by setbacks or substandard work, delayed payment, subcontractor claims, and defects revealed after the owner takes occupancy. Typical cases include:
- Landslides and Soil Movement
- Architectural Defects
- Water Intrusion and Mold Contamination
- Contractor/Architect/Engineer Disputes
- Mechanic Liens
- Stop Notices
- Delay claims
- Construction contract and collection matters
A Voice When You Need It Most
Our attorneys are tough, ethical, and skillful. Clients benefit from our firm's expertise as well as our strong reputation in the legal community. We have successfully represented and taken to trial—both jury and non-jury—cases involving:
- Construction Claims and Defects
- Landslides, Slope and Soil Movement
- Real Estate Fraud
- Business Litigation
- Entertainment Law Transactions and Litigation
- Corporate Transactions
Our rigorous preparation, investigative capabilities, and dedication to pursuing justice on behalf of clients results in cases ending in successful settlement.
Representative Settlements and Verdicts
- Awarded settlements totaling $2.5 million in landslide case involving two properties.
- Awarded $1.4 million for construction defect case involving a single family home in Redland Hills.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlements representing associations and homeowners in soils, settlement, slope instability, architectural, and construction defect cases.
- Awarded punitive damages against general contractor and sellers for fraud.
- Successfully obtained defense verdicts in two separate cases, each involving $20 million of liability.
- Construction claims for contractors on private and public works jobs totaling multi-million dollar awards and settlements.
Your Trusted Legal Advisor
Our attorneys are uncompromising in our desire to effectively and efficiently advise and represent you. We are committed to working toward your goals, whether through negotiation, settlement, litigation or mediation. Call Tomassian, Throckmorton & Inouye LLP at our Irvine, California law offices at 949-955-2280 or contact us through this website.
The firm serves clients throughout California, including:
Our Firm's Achievements & Recognitions